Chichen Itza - Ek Balam Tour
Enjoy one of the most amazing archaeological sites in the world considered one of the 7 wonders, walk among the temples of Chichen Itza and contemplating his god Kukulcan pyramid of the feathered serpent, the jaguar throne, the castle, the sacred cenote, Mayan observatory and much more, discover the culture right through the stunning structures. Be amazed by the new excavations at Chichen Itza, discover the secrets of architecture and find out that the Maya do today. Also check around as cenotes and Mayan villages.
This tour is designed for those who want to visit Chichen Itza and have control of time. No other people will be picked up so, you avoid stoping at other hotels. Chichen Itza is the most extensive and impressive archaeological site of the Maya culture. It is a must on the agenda for visitors to Cancun and the Riviera Maya. If you only have a chance to visit an archaeological site during your holiday, Chichen Itza is definitely your best choice.
Ek Balam is a Yucatec Maya name that translates to "the black jaguar" or "bright star jaguar." Located near the colonial city of Valladolid in Yucatan, Mexico, Ek Balam's most important cultural period was during the Late Classic Period 700 - 1000 A.D It wasn't until the late 1980's when the site was mapped, and research continued into the 1990's. This is a mesmerizing ruins site if you are looking for something a bit off the beaten path.
Ek Balam is characterized by its beauty. It's the most recently open to the public archaeological site and therefore the least visited. Research in this ancient Mayan city still continues and there are still new discoveries. The stucco mural is unique and you can see how the Maya decorated their buildings.
|Prices Per Group||$ 480 USD||$ 530 USD|
- This tour is available on daily basis.
- Not allowed to climb the pyramids at Chichen Itza but you can climb at Ek Balam
- There is a fee to use video-camera inside the archeological site.
- Private transportation on A/C vehicle
- Certified bilingual guide
- Tollroad and Parking fees
- Free time at the Mayan Ruins
- Cooler with ice & purified water.
- Food & Beverages at the restaurant
- Entrance fee to the Cenote
- Entrance fee to the archaeological sites of Chichen Itza & Ek Balam
|6:00 to 6:30 a.m.||
Pick up at your hotel in Cancun or Riviera Maya.
Along the way, we can stop to use the bathrooms and buy something light for breakfast (juice, coffee and sweet rolls). After that, we headed straight to the archaeological site of Chichen Itza.
|9:00 a.m.||Arrival at Chichen Itza, we will be for around 2 hours at the ruins, the first 1 1/2 hours (approximately) are a guided tour, during this time, you will receive information from a licensed and certified guide. The remaining time is free and you can take pictures, visiting a particular building or buy souvenirs.|
|12:00 p.m.||Time for lunch. Most restaurants offer regional food buffet.|
|1:30 p.m.||Visit a Cenote for swiming.|
|2:30 p.m.||Departure towards Ek Balam, we will visit for around 1 1/2 hrs including guided tour and free time.|
|6:00 / 06:30 p.m.||Arrive to your hotel.|
|Pick Up's:||Transportation is available in most hotels in Cancun and Riviera Maya. The exact pick-up will be sent after booking|
What to bring
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Bring some cash for drinks and souvenirs
- Cap or hat
Changes, Refunds and Cancellations
- Changes must be made at least 24 hrs ahead at no extra cost, subject to availability.
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours ahead = 100% refund
- Cancellations made between 36-48 hrs = 80% refund.
- Cancellations made between 24-36 hrs = 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours = no refund.
- No Show = no refund (Option to reschedule at no extra fee, subject to availability)