Ek Balam is a Yucatec Maya name that translates to "the black jaguar" or "bright star jaguar." Located near the colonial city of Valladolid in Yucatan, Mexico, Ek Balam's most important cultural period was during the Late Classic Period 700 - 1000 A.D It wasn't until the late 1980's when the site was mapped, and research continued into the 1990's. This is a mesmerizing ruins site if you are looking for something a bit off the beaten path.
Ek Balam is characterized by its beauty. It's the most recently open to the public archaeological site and therefore the least visited. Research in this ancient Mayan city still continues and there are still new discoveries. The stucco mural is unique and you can see how the Maya decorated their buildings.
|Prices Per Group||$ 390 USD||$ 450 USD|
- This tour is available on daily basis.
- Pick up of your choice (We recommend no later than 8:00 am).
- Private Tours are anly for you and your group. You have flexibility to modify the itinerary during the tour.
- All our guides are certified and part of our staff, we guarantee the quality of service and make sure you don't pay more.
- 4:15 pm is the last chance to access to the mayan ruins, consider this when planning your day.
- You can climb the pyramids at Ek Balam
- There is a fee to use video-camera/GoPro´s inside the archeological site.
- You can add the visit to one or two nearby attractions like:
- Cenotes (Diztnup, X'Keken, Saamal, Zaci).
- Tequila Destillery
- Private transportation on A/C vehicle
- Certified bilingual guide
- Free time at the Mayan Ruins
- Cooler with ice & purified water.
- Food & Beverages restaurant (s)
- Entrance fees to Ek Balam
- Entrance fees to other attractions
Pick up at your hotel in Cancun or Riviera Maya.
|9:30 a.m.||Arrival at Ek Balam, we will be for around 1 1/2 hour, the first 1 hour (approximately) will be the guided tour, during this time, you will receive information from a licensed and certified guide. The remaining time is free and you can take pictures, visiting a particular building or buy souvenirs.|
|11:00 a.m.||Time for lunch. Most restaurants offer regional food buffet.|
|12:00 p.m.||Optional visit to nearby attractions.|
|4:30 / 5:00 p.m.||Arrive to your hotel.|
|Pick Up's:||Transportation is available in most hotels in Cancun. Select the pick up time of your preference when booking.|
What to bring
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Bring some cash for admissions, meals, drinks and souvenirs
- swimwear and towels
- Cap or hat and sunglasses
Changes, Refunds and Cancellations
- Changes must be made at least 24 hrs ahead at no extra cost, subject to availability.
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours ahead = 100% refund
- Cancellations made between 36-48 hrs = 80% refund.
- Cancellations made between 24-36 hrs = 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours = no refund.
- No Show = no refund (Option to reschedule at no extra fee, subject to availability)